Bespoke Web Application for BILCS NHS
Spiderscope have been awarded a contract to build a new electronic booking system for Birmingham Integrated Language & Communication Services (NHS). This new booking system is set to take over 70,000 bookings annually from NHS patients in Birmingham and Solihull and includes a new multilingual public facing website.
The goal is to create a website and backend booking system that is easy to use by staff and residents alike, available in a number of different languages. This large project involves:
- Designing and building a user friendly, public facing website
- A bespoke appointment booking system
- Login and account creation and messaging / alert system
- Multi language content management system
The system needs to support a large number of concurrent users and associated booking data. Multilingual options are also extremely important so our solution needs to cover an easy to use language selection tool throughout.
Developing Bespoke Web Applications
Our proposed solution will provide a complete usability overhaul, building from the ground up to ensure reliability and ease of use. The solution will be split into two main areas:
Public Facing Website
The public facing website is an important portal for the local residents and must be usable for people that speak in a range of different languages. The site will offer content and information on services in multiple languages, accompanied by short video clips in multiple languages.
Key features of the site:
- Multilingual content display
- Short embedded video clips
- Easy to browse and find content
- Cross browser compatibility including IE6
- SEO friendly
- Easy manageable CMS
E Booking System
The E Booking system is the heart of the project and will take over 70,000 bookings annually. Obviously, with this many bookings passing through the system, it’s important that it's efficient, usable and reliable, our solution will deploy:
- Postcoder / address finder for quick lookup
- Auto calendar with date selection
- Scrolling start / finish time
- Help bubbles to support users
- Pre-populate known data to selection lists
- Auto email alert confirmations
This is just a snapshot of the features of this project, designed to support users and clients alike.
Bespoke Web Applications
If you’re looking for a bespoke application that suits your business, contact us today on 0800 081 1688!
Posted by: Spiderscope on March 19th, 2012 @ 5:20 PM