A recent marketing case study has warned businesses to start to take their Social Media activity seriously by enforcing a level of planning and strategy in 2013. Warc’s “Seriously Social - a casebook of effectiveness trends in social media campaigns” report claims that:
“Many brands still view social initiatives as short-term and experimental… it is time for social media to be taken more seriously.”
The reports highlights the need for business to get into planned “social mindsets” by implementing clear strategies for each social media platform; that means updating your Facebook, Twitter or YouTube on a regular basis (the horror!).
Ever Growing Social Media
The impact of Social Media on business cannot be overstated with search engine giants like Google and Bing incorporating an increasing amount of social media content into their search results.
Any business or brand that lacks some form of Social Media interaction will miss out on golden opportunities of customer engagement, product/service promotion and most importantly giving your business that personal touch.
Benefits of an Effective Social Media Strategy
1. Customer engagement – Social Media platforms can be a central hub of activity which allows you to promote news, special offers or generally engaging with and providing support to customers.
2. Customer acquisition – Provide an ideal platform to attract potential new customers. Customers can discover your business through friend recommendations, likes, discussions, comments or even seeing their friend’s activity on your page.
3. Drive traffic to your website - By making your Social Media pages a place to be for your customers, you in turn can then push traffic to your site with updates, to new content or areas of interest that you want people to see.
4. Effective Marketing - Building a targeted Social Media following will ensure that your marketing messages are exposed to the correct target markets creating effective campaigns.
5. That Personal Touch - Giving your business a public persona will help your company seem endearing and approachable, pushing you ahead of the competition!
Effective Social Media Management: Example
Back in May 2012 one of our customers, a French Home Accessories brand called La Vie en Rose signed up to our Facebook Management package, this included:
1. Creating an attractive and inviting Business Page.
2. Updating the profile with new images (profile & cover image).
3. Ensuring company information was up to date.
4. On-going plan to update the page on a daily/weekly basis.
Why not take a look: https://www.facebook.com/www.lavieenrosesales.co.uk
Within only a few months their Facebook Business Page was beginning to show vast improvements from our Effective Social Media Management:
|Users exposed to Page Content rose by 32%|
|Engaged Page Users rose 35%|
Get ahead of the competition today with our Social Media Management
Here at Spiderscope we have a wide range of Social Media packages suitable for businesses of all sizes and requirements. Whether you are looking for a branded Facebook Business Page, Twitter management, YouTube Marketing or even your own Pinterest page we can help!
Don’t get left behind in 2013!
Visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/spiderscope
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Spiderscope